The General Store is owned by Mooch Home Limited. In visiting and using this website you acknowledge:
- All business conducted on our website is under New Zealand law administered at Christchurch , New Zealand.
- We reserve the right to change or amend without notice the content of our website including these terms and such changes will take place immediately they are published on this website.
- It is fraudulent to use another persons name, details and credit card number, any breach and will be prosecuted in accordance with the law.
- We accept no responsibility for your network security, should a virus or other harmful error affect your computer.
- We accept no liability for any incorrect representation of products and services. They are supplied in good faith.
- Please choose your objects carefully. The General Store Online does its very best to display images and descriptions of all objects in a clear and descriptive manner.
- We are unable to accept responsibility and or return of goods - If your interpretation is different to how the goods are in reality. Should you change your mind.
We hold copyright and trademarks for the imagery and design on our website. You may not use any of these for any purpose. We will legally enforce any infringement of our trademarks and copyright.
All pricing displayed on our website is in New Zealand dollars and includes GST of 15%. This is charged on all purchases.
For international purchases:
The price advertised might not be the same price charged to your credit card account due to exchange rate fluctuations. This means that because we are based in New Zealand we have to convert your purchase to New Zealand dollars at the exchange rate on the day it is processed.
Once you have chosen to purchase a product from our website there is a contract between us which includes the terms displayed on this website and we will fulfil our service to supply goods at the nominated price.
We take every step to protect your credit card details using a well known system called DPS (see www.dps.co.nz). You will see the little lock icon at the bottom of your screen which shows that this protection system is operating.
We take privacy seriously and do not collate or distribute any details you provide in the check out area of our website.
If you choose to sign up for our newsletter, you may unsubscribe at any time. We hold your details for no other purpose.
In the unlikely event of your order arriving damaged, incorrect or defective please contact the store immediately.
Minor imperfections are not considered defects. Such examples include colour and printing variations on objects. Boxing that is dented while protecting merchandise inside.
Goods delivered that are incorrectly sent or are defective – you must notify us within 3 days of receiving goods. If you do not you may loose your right to claim.
All returns at the expense of the purchaser. Upon receiving the object it will be assessed and if found to be defective or incorrectly supplied then a replacement will be sent at our cost as soon as it is possible, or if we are not able to replace, a refund given via original payment or voucher to use online or instore.
We are not liable for any loss you may consider you have suffered as a result of the non fulfilment of your order.
Every attempt is made to supply your order within 3-7 working days. However delays can occur due to circumstances outside of our ability to control.
Should there be a foreseen delay in supplying your order, The General store will contact you to advise of the dispatch date. If this is not within your expectation, we will refund your payment via your original method of payment.
Our courier provider can be affected by fluctuations in demand that can impact on their service. For example at Christmas time or during holiday periods.
If no one is at the address when the courier calls with your parcel, the following happens:
- A card will be left, notifying that they have a parcel for you and to call them and arrange one of 4 options.
- You can have the parcel re sent to the address and instruct that someone will sign for it.
- You can have the parcel re sent to the address and left without someone signing for it. No liability for damage in transit if the order has not been signed for on delivery.
- Redirect parcel to another address.
- Pick up yourself from the depot or assigned agent (in smaller towns).
Our Contact details
Mooch Home Limited
PO Box 25 447, Christchurch 8144
03 365 9950
Mon-Fri 10am to 5pm